Imagine, One day when you wake up in the morning, you are in the mood of listening music. You opens your laptop and this is what you will see on your laptop screen
YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN LOCKED
TO UNLOCK THE COMPUTER YOU ARE OBLIGED TO PAY $500.
What will you do? Will you pay them?
Q. What is Ransomware ?
A. It is a type of malware, malicious code that is used by the hackers for encrypting the data by locking the screen.
It is a creation of cyber hackers who have automated their attack by the way of this virus.
Q. How it Spreads?
A. Ransomware can be spread by following activities:
- Opening Malware Containing email attachment.
- infected software apps.
- infected external storage devices like USB, Pen drive, External HDD.
Q. Is my WordPress is Secure from Ransomware?
A.The First Question Clicks in the mind of every WordPress Blogger after reading the above post is that “Is my WordPress website is safe from Ransomware ?”
Don’t Worry, WordPress core software is very secure and it is regularly audited by the top developers and engineers of WordPress.
Q.What I have to do?
A.You have to do the following things to safeguard your WordPress from any malicious software:
- Keep Your WordPress software updated.
- Upgrade your hosting account from free to premium.
- Always Enable “Limit Login Attempts”.
- Password protect your Admin and Login page.
- Turn off “Directory Indexing”.
If you find this article helpful then share it to every WordPress Administrator.