Before knowing about “Goo.gl” service, let’s know about URL Shortener.
Q.What is a URL Shortener?
A.It is a technique in which a long URL address like “http://nevershutdown.com/buying-a-domain-name-with-godaddy/” is converted into a short remember-able URL like “https://goo.gl/zm5HQs” which make the link manageable and useful for the sharing purpose.
Yes, For Sharing Purpose. For instance, Twitter offers only 140 Characters limit towards text messages and links. So, if you would use a normal link to share your posts your 140 characters may get exhausted or there will only a few characters get left that you can type, so making your post incomplete. It might also be helpful if you are trying to send a link via SMS.
So, here is what you can do. You can use Goo.gl or Bit.ly (If you want custom URL) to shorten your URL.
Here is the Step-By-Step guide for making your URL short via Goo.gl services. –
- Copy you Desired URL to the Clipboard.
- Open your Web-Browser. (Google Chrome Recommended)
- Type “www.goo.gl” in the Address Bar.
- Paste your URL into the text box. CTRL+V
- Click on the White Button “Shorten URL“.
- That’s all. You’re done for now.